5 (Wednesday) - 8 (Saturday) August, 2020
Chulalongkorn University, Faculty of Architecture, Thailand
- Abstracts due by 22th Sep 2019
- Full Papers due by 13th Dec 2019
What if we are already in the Anthropocene epoch where the function of the Earth system is being impacted by human activities? What if our actions indeed are significant enough to have a critical force on the Earth as a system? The term Anthropocene (the Age of Humans) has gained increasing recognition as a description of a crucial geological stage of our planet as we face the consequences of our own events on the earth’s ecosystem. While we are beginning to address the predominant challenges of sustainability and ecology, the environments we built have also shaped our behaviours.
To celebrate CAADRIA’s 25thAnniversary, we challenge ourselves with these questions, asking what we want our future to look like, in the next 25, 50, or even 100 years? If human creations are substantial enough to start a new geological epoch, what does this imply for our explorations of the realm of computational design, and how will advanced technologies shape our futures?
With the theme RE: Anthropocene, we challenge ourselves to REgard this new geological age as the main meaningful site for exploration into the future, REthink what our planet could become, REvisit our actions and behaviours to foster the REsponsibilities for the planet existence, and perhaps & importantly, REspond to whatever magnitudes happen to the built-environments and other planetary beings.
Paper acceptance will be subject to a two-stage reviewing process, consisting of an initial abstract review and a later double-blind peer review of full-length manuscripts. Paper publication will be subject to review acceptance, to compliance with submission deadlines and formatting guidelines, and to payment of the conference registration fee. Please kindly note that multiple submissions are subject to multiple registrations.
Abstracts: Abstracts will be subject to an initial review - length ca 500 words plus key references.
Papers: Full papers will be subject to a double-blind peer review of full-length manuscripts. Length: 10 pages fitting the CAADRIA format (ca. ~3000-4000 words).
Submission details, style and format are listed at the Submission page. Publication of the paper will be subject to review acceptance, to compliance with submission deadlines and formatting guidelines, and to the payment of the conference registration fee. The conference must be attended in person.
- Submission via Submission Page
- Abstract Submission Deadline: 22 September 2019
- Full Paper Submission Deadline: 13 December 2019
- Notification of Full Paper Acceptance: 15 January 2020
- Camera-ready Full Paper Submission: 5 April 2020
Young CAADRIA Award
- Young CAADRIA Award Submission: 10 April 2020
Postgraduate Student Consortium
- Postgraduate Student Consortium Submission: 15 April 2020
- For young researchers currently involved in postgraduate studies; submission of work-in-progress research papers to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- CAADRIA2020 Pre-Conference Workshop Proposals: 22 April 2020
- CAADRIA2020 Pre-Conference Workshop Acceptance: 29 April 2020
- For workshop proposal submission, please contact: email@example.com
- Poster Submission: 5 April 2020
- Notification of Poster Acceptance: Rolling
- For poster submission, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
INDA International Program in Design and Architecture
Room 409 Faculty of Architecture Chulalongkorn University
Phayathai Rd, Pathum Wan, Pathum Wan District
P: +662 218 4330