The Association for Computer-Aided Architectural Design Research in Asia (CAADRIA) promotes teaching and research in CAAD in Asia, and has members on six continents.
It organizes an annual conference, the first of which was held in 1996 in Hong Kong. Since then, 20 conferences have been held in Australia, China, Hong Kong, India, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, Singapore, Taiwan, and Thailand. The conferences provide an opportunity for teachers, students, researchers, and practitioners to meet each other and learn about the latest research in the field. The proceedings of the conferences are available both on line and in research libraries around the world.
CAADRIA was founded in 1996 with the following objectives:
- To facilitate the dissemination of information about CAAD among Asian schools of architecture, planning, engineering, and building sciences.
- To encourage the exchange of staff, students, experience, courseware, and software among schools.
- To identify research and develop needs in CAAD education and to initiate collaboration to satisfy them.
- To promote research and teaching in CAAD that enhances creativity rather than production.
CAADRIA is one of the four founding organizations of the International Journal of Architectural Computing (IJAC), and supervises one issue each year. IJAC is published by Multi-Science in both paper and electronic versions.
All CAADRIA conference proceedings are indexed in CUMINCAD. Copies of the proceedings can be purchased for HKD 320 each from:
Secretariat CAADRIA School of Architecture, The Chinese University of Hong Kong Room 514, Wong Foo Yuan Building Shatin, New Territories Hong Kong SAR, China
Administration Officer: Prof. Marc Aurel Schnabel Tel: +852 2609-6583 | fax: +852 2603-5267 e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
The International Journal of Architectural Computing is produced quarterly both in paper and on-line and a special rate of subscription is available to all members of CAADRIA.
CumInCAD is a cumulative index of publications about computer aided architectural design. It includes bibliographic information about over 10,400 records from journals and conferences such as ACADIA , CAADRIA , eCAADe , SiGraDi , CAAD futures and others. All papers include full abstracts. Full texts, in PDF, of some 7,600 papers are also available. A separate index of some 1,500 papers in Spanish language are maintained.
- CAAD Futures: CAAD Future Foundation
- eCAADe: Education and research in Computer Aided Architectural Design in Europe
- SIGraDi: Sociedade Ibero-Americana de Gr áfica Digital (SIGraDi)
- ACADIA: Association for Computer-Aided Design in Architecture
- ASCAAD: Arab Society for Computer Aided Architectural Design
- DADA: Digital Architecture Design Association, China